We have significant experience of advising both business clients and individuals on a range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters.
Our non-contentious work encompasses the drafting of employment contracts and procedures for employers, as well as advising on restructuring programmes and minimising risks from dissatisfied employees.
The majority of our employment law practice derives from tribunal work and we have a particular interest in conducting high value discrimination and unfair dismissal claims for employees, often instructed by legal expense insurers.
The majority of routine employment cases are low value – as will be seen from various websites that include unemployment/ redundancy calculators. However, some cases of unfair dismissal and sex, age or race discrimination can result in significant awards of damages and we are fully conversant with conducting discrimination claims.
Work undertaken for individuals includes:
- Compromise Agreements
- Constructive and Unfair Dismissal
- Disciplinary Proceedings
- Raising Grievances
- Contractual Advice
Recent tribunal work undertaken by MJD Solicitors includes:
- Representing Claimant in her claim against a global cosmetics company for sexual discrimination and breach of flexible working regulation.
- Advising a solicitor on his on a claim for unfair dismissal and sexual discrimination against his major construction company employer.
- Representing senior Contracts Manager in his claim for constructive dismissal and unlawful deduction from wages.
- Representing Claimant in her claim for sexual discrimination against a major London based and international solicitors practice.
Work undertaken for businesses includes:
- Tribunal Disputes
- Grievance procedures
- Dismissal and Redundancy
- Disciplinary Action
- Business Transfers and Tupe
- Employment Documentation: Contracts, Policies and Procedures
- Compromise Agreements
Having a good grasp of the law should be expected from your tribunal representative, although that on its own will not win you your case.
Of no less importance is the ability to recognise key issues, the strengths and weakness of both your own and opponents case, and an appreciation of the likely behaviour of your opponent and their commercial sensitivities. Strategic thinking is critical to a successful resolution.
We also assist Employers and Employees in negotiating the terms of a Compromise Agreement which are used to ensure that all claims relating to termination of employment are bought to an end.
MJD Solicitors are based in Brentwood but have clients in Essex, Kent, Hertfordshire and London.
Call 01277 280760 today for effective help and advice.