It is an unfortunate reality that disputes are a common occurrence within the construction industry. Although invariably there is some underlying cause to the dispute, all too often the evidence presented does not justify the claim made.
We have significant experience of working within the construction industry and fully understand the commercial pressures placed upon contractors and clients.
We have had much involvement in resolving construction and engineering disputes, including by way of adjudication, litigation and ADR.
We have worked with all aspects of the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 (Construction Act 1996 and Construction Act 2011), the Scheme for Construction Contracts and the Technology and Construction Court (both County Court and High Court).
MJD Solicitors will, where instructed, try our utmost to resolve difference without formal recourse to Dispute Resolution in order to preserve working relations.
Having a good grasp of the law and procedure is not enough. It is vital that, from the outset, a client has realistic expectations and, where appropriate, an end plan. Strategic forward thinking is critical.
MJD Solicitors have had substantial exposure to an array of contractual forms and projects and have advised clients on disputes under contract, tort, nuisance and professional negligence.
Our experience of construction disputes covers:
- Breach of Contract
- Non Payment
- Damages (including lost profit)
- Professional Negligence
- Interim and Final Account Valuations
- Withholding, Set Off and Abatement
- Suspension and Determination
- Extensions of Time and Loss & Expense
- Delay disputes
- Interpretation of Contractual Obligations
- Quantum Meruit
- Operational PFI Disputes
- Facilities Management Disputes
- JCT Contract Disputes
- Liquidated Damages (LAD’s)
Recent work undertaken by MJD Solicitors includes:
- £1m Lost Profit claim in adjudication following wrongful termination of contract
- Representing contractors in Final Account Disputes within adjudication, court proceedings and adjudication enforcement within the TCC (Technology and Construction Court).
- Representing clients in disputes over interim applications (including “smash and grab” adjudications)
- Represented clients pursuing a major ftse quoted developer for breach of contract after it transpired that the entire block in which their flat was situated suffered life threatening defects.
- Represented clients pursuing structural engineers for professional negligence and breach of contract.
- Representing developers pursuing contractors for breach of contract.
Matthew Dillon, Principal of MJD Solicitors works with clients in Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent and London and is experienced in representing Employers, Contractors and Subcontractors on a range of disputes from a few thousand pounds to several million pounds.
Matthew can be contacted here.
Call 01277 280760 today for effective help and advice.
You done such a wonderful job handling xxxx, that we would have no hesitation in using you for any business matters!Construction Dispute